Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The page that will be riding Cummings all the way

I think that I proved with my Cox Plate tips on Friday that I'm not going to be taking Trento's position as the resident tipster any time soon. Who would have thought that old Bart would rack up another win, well really the question is why I didn't just go with anything and everything he trains, like I will be doing in next weeks Melbourne Cup! Due to computer issues the pictures below are without their crown and dunce cap, I promise they will sent out to their respective winners as soon as the issues are sorted out!


King of the Week

Well it really couldn't be anyone else, and I think his record speaks for itself!

Trainer: Group One Winners (as of 26/10/09)
Bart Cummings 256
Lee Freedman 123
John Hawkes 96
Gai Waterhouse 93
Jack Denham 59

12 Melbourne Cups
1965, 1966, 1967, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1979, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999, 2008
7 Caulfield Cups
1966, 1969, 1974, 1977, 1980, 1991, 2009
4 Cox Plates
1973, 1996, 1997, 2009
13 Australian Cups
1968, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1981, 1985, 1992, 1996, 1998, 2008

The list goes on, it is a rediculously impressive record!


Dick of the Week

All season undefeated hey? Only one team can ever have that record, the mighty Arsenal. Undefeated, please!


Overreaction
On Thursday I was sitting at my computer reading through all the Liverpool news (which is how I spend most work hours), getting myself all depressed and i thought I'd write in and express my views on the way that Liverpool's season is heading. I had pretty much finished the rant and sat back to read through it. With Man Utd coming up on the weekend I wasn't feeling very optimistic truth be told. News was that we would be missing both Gerrard and Torres had me on suicide watch, I didn't have a good feeling about the coming game, let alone the season.

Then, after a few deep breathes and my co-workers comforting me out of the corner where I was rocking like a baby in the fetal position I took the time to reflect on what I wrote.

You see the problem that we Pool fans suffer from is that we are very quick to jump to conclusions and easily over react. Such as the classic "This is our year" line that you all love to throw in our face when, as it has for the past 20 years comes back to bite us on the balls. So on Friday I thought that I would buck the trend and wait until after the weekend to pass my judgement on the season, so I deleted everything that I wrote. And boy am I glad that I did!

We are back baby! This is our year! Oh wait a minute.......
Fitzy


Hold the phone
Sure the win against United was good, sure it will give us some much needed momentum and sure it is always nice to get 1 up on those smug Manchester pricks but lets not go overboard. The Pool are still in real trouble. The sooner that we admit that the rest of the footballing world are right, that we are just a 2 man team, the better. If Torres didn't play on Sunday, we don't win, simple as that. With Gerrard out our midfield looks a shambles. We are playing players way out of their depths who would look out of place even in the A-League. If we manage to finish in the Top 4 it will be a minor miracle, one that would need for the teams above us have have a slump of biblical proportions, rather than us playing well. I just can't see us finishing higher than 6th, I really can't.

So yes, the win was great, but it doesn't change much in the long run.
Glen


Really?
So your going to go through the entire season undefeated are you Gold Coast? Like f@#* you are! hahahahaha
Cracko


Well actually
Hey just to correct you gullsy on your last post that hot blonde girlfriend of Casey Stoner is actually his wife but yeah you're right he is doing extremely well for himself. Lucky bugger all that and he is only about 23.
Nath


I actually like you dude
Now Gullsy while the two of us have never met, and we both obviously love to tell a story, i think we actually have alot in common. Apart from the fact that you love to attack me, I actually like you, well at least your points of view anyway. I don't like you in that holding hands, we are life partners way.

Take your "little" rant on the woman that elite sportsmen can pull, I actually agree with most of the points you bring up. Now without trying to offend the thousands of women that read this fine blog, we all know that women love money, and while they may never admit it, they find it the most attractive thing about a man. Goodness knows it can be the only reason that Mrs Harmo is with me, it can't be my good looks or ability in the sack!

So men of the world don't despair, those beefcakes of the sporting world are not better than you, they just have way more money than you ever will.

Now the AFL players of the world I can understand to a degree why they get the hottest chicks, I mean look at them, these guys are cut! I mean you could grate cheese on their abs for christs sake. And of all the football codes they seem to have the most brains, Fevola excepted.

When you look at those NRL players though, they are the one's that make you go "seriously, what has he got that I don't?". It's the money, and thats it, I mean these guys are dumb as post, yet pull the hot birds. However have you ever tried to have a conversation with your average Thugby League player? Good luck getting more than grunts out of him, then if you notice the women that go after them a light will go off. These bitches are as dumb, if not dumber, than them! A perfect match really. So don't despair lads, you are not missing out on anything, other than mind blowing sex of course! But whats that over conversation?
Harmo

No comments:

Post a Comment