Tuesday, August 4, 2009

He can take the crown with him

A big weekend of sport has come and gone with plenty more coming along soon. The A-League starts this weekend with the Premier League not far behind it. I for one am pretty bloody excited about the coming football season. It is awards time again and after picking up a special mention last week, the crown is passed onto a fitting winner, the Dick of the Week is also a stand out recipient.

King of the Week

Sir Bobby Robson
18 February 1933 – 31 July 2009
I wouldn't be able to do the man justice, and rather than dribble on with alot of soppy stuff, I'd rather remember him by the quality quotes he provided over the years. Here are just a few.
"We didn’t underestimate them but they were a lot better than we thought"

"I would have given my right arm to be a pianist"

"I’m not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final"

"There will be a game where somebody scores more than Brazil and that might be the game they lose"


Sir Bobby to Bryan Robson: "Good morning, Bobby".
Bryan: "You’re Bobby, I’m Bryan!"


Dick of the Week

The Governing body of swimming takes out this weeks award almost untouched. 40+ world records broken at the World Champs just gone, all but one of those achieved without the now illegal suits. What a f@#*in joke!


The Manly Response...
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I apologise for the length of the article - of perhaps more correctly, the short story! I promise to keep it under 10,000 words from now on!

There are, however, a couple of clarifications I need to make...

First of all, I've never lived on the Northern Beaches - actually I'm a Westie - I'm only a 10 minute walk from Parra Stadium.

Secondly, on behalf of one-eyed Manly supporters everywhere, just keep hammering us at every opportunity! We love it!

Thirdly, I will be posting (condensed) opinions on a regular basis - and it won't be confined to Rugby League.

So stay tuned...

The Dazzler


Exciting times ahead
We are quickly approaching the time of the year which I, and i am sure many other people also believe to be the most exciting time of the sporting year. Oh yeah and the NRL finals aren't bad either. But what I am really talking about is the kick-off to the football (yeah soccer to you uneducated people) seasons both locally and in the major European leagues.
It will be an interesting season to see how all of favourite teams perform and how the off season player movements will change how results pan out. Can the big spending Man City finally break into the big four of the EPL, how will Man United be able to defend their title without Ronaldo and Tevez, will the A-league finally be given the credit it really deserves with the addition of two new teams and more players returning from overseas, has the 1 Billion Euros that Real Madrid spent really give them a chance of claiming some silverware.
All will be revealed over the next 9 or so months before the kick-off to the world's greatest spectacle the World Cup.
Nath


13th player?
I was kicking back on Saturday afternoon watching the Raiders v Broncos game and would like to lobby the NRL that the Broncos have been playing with a 13th player all season. What are you talking about I hear you say, well the next time you watch the broncos play take a careful look at the little turd standing behind the line directing traffic. It is none other than Alan Langer! This guy is employed as a runner/drinks man, yet he spends more time on the park than half the players! Seriously just watch out for him next time they play, it has to be illegal. Not that it is doing the Broncos any good, they have been bloody horrible!
Tim


Is there anybody out there?
I'm just wondering if there is anyone that managed get the perfect round in the NRL tipping this week? Because if you did you are an absolute genius! Seriously.
Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment